TRUCK

truck.JPG

New York City has approximately 1,000 miles of designated truck roadway, with 91% of truck miles traveled within the region serving the transportation needs of New York, and the remaining 9% passing through the New York region en route to a different destination. Half of local truck freight travels fewer than 78 miles and most travels within 222 miles. Truck freight is expected to grow 39% by 2035.

Data from NYC DOT

Data from NYC DOT

Tweets about trucks in NYC
#NYCTruck on Instagram

Sources

City of New York Department of Transportation, "New York City Truck Routing," 2011.

Stantec, "Appendix E: History and Projection of Traffic, Toll Revenues and Expenses and Review of Physical Conditions of the Facilities of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority," Prepared for the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, April 2012.

Ward, Chris, presentation at Baruch College. “91 Percent of Truck Traffic In NYC Region Serves Region.” 2010.